Re: Posting to hackers and patches lists

От Aidan Van Dyk
Тема Re: Posting to hackers and patches lists
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Alex Hunsaker <badalex@gmail.com> [080507 11:38]:
> A big part of my problem with the split is if there is a discussion
> taking place on -hackers I want to be able to reply to the discussion
> and say "well, here is what I was thinking".  Sending it to -patches
> first waiting for it to hit the archive so I can link to it in my
> reply on -hackers seems pointless and convoluted.

Note that even though I'm not a fan of the split, the "wait to hit the
archive" problem is not really a problem.

If you sent it, and you know it's message-id, and you can link directly
to it: such as:http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/34d269d40805070837q19f1144eu8c316fa1cf6d8780@mail.gmail.com

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,