Re: Backup/Restore of single table in multi TB database

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Backup/Restore of single table in multi TB database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 7 May 2008 13:02:57 -0700
"John Smith" <sodgodofall@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a large database (multiple TBs) where I'd like to be able to do
> a backup/restore of just a particular table (call it foo).  Because
> the database is large, the time for a full backup would be
> prohibitive.  Also, whatever backup mechanism we do use needs to keep
> the system online (i.e., users must still be allowed to update table
> foo while we're taking the backup).

> Does anyone see a problem with this approach (e.g., correctness,
> performance, etc.)?  Or is there perhaps an alternative approach using
> some other postgresql mechanism that I'm not aware of?

Why are you not just using pg_dump -t ? Are you saying the backup of
the single table pg_dump takes to long? Perhaps you could use slony
with table sets?

Joshua D. Drake

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Backup/Restore of single table in multi TB database
Сообщение: Re: Backup/Restore of single table in multi TB database