Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 6. Mai 2008 schrieb Tom Lane:
> > Well, COLUMNS has no hope of tracking on-the-fly changes of window size,
> > which is why the ioctl should take precedence over it.
>
> Readline changes the value of COLUMNS on the fly.

Yes, but my patch grabs COLUMNS before we call readline(), so we use the
COLUMN value we were invoked with, rather than tracking the changes
readline() makes to it.

If we use COLUMNS as set by readline, there is no way to pass a COLUMNS
value into psql reliably.

'ls' doesn't use readline so it is safe from changes while it is doing
its output.

I can pull COLUMNS as modified by readline() but I thought no one wanted
that.

http://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width
Сообщение: Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width