Re: How to modify ENUM datatypes?

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: How to modify ENUM datatypes?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 11:06:15PM +0200, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> > (I confess I am a little astonished that the most recent stable
> > release ended up with 7.4.  I thought that at _least_ 8.0 was out
> > prior to freeze.  What happened?)
>
> It was, i think ... but after feature freeze for Debian 3.1 it took
> several month for the final release. Maybe the just released 8.0 was
> "too new" for the feature freeze. Finally they ended up with 7.4 for
> a very long time (before Debian 4.0 was released).

The most recent stable release does include 8.1, but you have to
explicitly ask for it (Debian supports parallel installation of multiple
versions). That release was the first stable release to support that
feature. I beleive the issue was that people who installed "postgresql"
from the old release shouldn't be automatically be upgraded (and hence
make their database unusable).

After the last release "postgresql" became a virtual package which will
always install the latest version available. But the long debian
release cycle makes it a little odder than you might expect.

Have a nice day,

Вложения