Re: How to modify ENUM datatypes?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: How to modify ENUM datatypes?
Дата
Re: How to modify ENUM datatypes?
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 09:18:39AM -0700, Rob Wultsch wrote:
> Not really Postgres's problem, but for whatever its worth if I do the
> following on Debian stable:
> $apt-get install postgresql
>
> I get 7.4 . When I install Debian I generally expect the software to
> be supported for a long time. Perhaps it might make sense to declare
> it dead except for security issues?

I suspect this really is the Debian package maintainer's problem.
Debian itself has a very high bar for changes after feature freeze.
This is great from the point of view of stability, but I hope they (or
their users) aren't expecting the coommunities producing the software
to do their maintenance of old releases for them.  Postgres is way
better in that respect than some of the included software.

(I confess I am a little astonished that the most recent stable
release ended up with 7.4.  I thought that at _least_ 8.0 was out
prior to freeze.  What happened?)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@commandprompt.com
+1 503 667 4564 x104
http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: How to modify ENUM datatypes?
Сообщение: Re: How to modify ENUM datatypes?