Re: BUG #4114: Inconsistent shift operator

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: BUG #4114: Inconsistent shift operator
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 08:17:50PM +0200, Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> Roman Kononov napsal(a):
> >The below test cases show the obvious inconsistency between different
> >integer types.
>
> It seems to be OK regarding how C shift operator works. Try

Yes, but I interpret this behaviour as not being very useful for people
writing SQL code that uses the shift operators.  C is a very low level
language and you almost always end up writing platform specific code,
SQL is supposed to be much higher level and should abstract away system
specific differences.

I've not been able to think of a nice way of doing this though.

  Sam