Re: large tables and simple "= constant" queries using indexes

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: large tables and simple "= constant" queries using indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

> Thanks Eric and Gaestano - interesting, and both examples of my naivite. :)
>
> I tried running large select(*) queries on other tables followed by another try at the offending query, and it was
stillfast. Just to be absolutely sure this is a scalable solution, I'll try restarting my computer in a few hours to
seeif it affects anything cache-wise.

I say this over and over again ... because I think it's really cool and
useful.

If you install the pg_buffercache addon, you can actually look into
PostgreSQL's internals and see what tables are in the buffer in real
time.  If you're having trouble, it can (potentially) be a helpful
tool.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran@collaborativefusion.com
Phone: 412-422-3463x4023

От: John Beaver
Сообщение: Re: large tables and simple "= constant" queries using indexes
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: large tables and simple "= constant" queries using indexes