Re: Commit fest queue

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Commit fest queue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith wrote:
> Making sure nothing falls through the cracks is exactly the point of an
> enforced workflow.  It might be a manual operation, it might be some piece
> of software, but ultimately you need a well-defined process where things
> move around but don't get dropped.  Exactly how said enforcement happens
> is certainly open to discussion though.

As a volunteer organization we don't have much enforcement control.  We
can control what we do, but not require others to do anything.  This
makes trying to enforce uniform behavior difficult.  Companies have a
much easier time with enforcement because there is a paycheck attached
to it.

> As a sideline observer here it seems to me that Bruce has a good and hard
> to replace process to kick this all off already going, so don't mess with
> that.  It would be nice to find vict...err, volunteers to pull him out of
> the later steps though for a net reduction in his time.  Simply getting
> things organized better from the start should help with getting more
> people helping out with review; the common complaint seemed to be "I can't
> figure out what to help with in this big mess" which having a summary from
> the start should improve.

And when we did whittle it down to a short list there were still very
few people helping.

http://enterprisedb.com