Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove mention of the Berkeley origins of the alias "Postgres"

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove mention of the Berkeley origins of the alias "Postgres"
Дата
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove mention of the Berkeley origins of the alias "Postgres"  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Why are such politically touchy decisions being taken in an anonymous,
> > unarchived forum like IRC, anyway?  Especially when what *was*
> > being publicly discussed was an entirely different change?
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-docs/2008-04/msg00001.php
> >
> > (Not that I like JD's proposed change better, but at least he
> > made it in a reasonably well-read forum.)
>
> I everything related to the alias politically charged.  That is a
> serious problem.

Let me add that politically-charged discussion is something we have
avoided for many years, and if it continues to appear it will hurt us
greatly.  Our community will be fragmented and dedication to the project
will lag.

I have seen it twice today.  That is not a good sign.

http://enterprisedb.com