Re: Patch queue permenent URLs

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Patch queue permenent URLs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 11:18 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> >  > The new URLs look like:
> >  >
> >  >       http://momjian.us/mhonarc/message-id/44DA31B1.3090700@enterprisedb.com.html
> >  >
> >  > The new URLs appear now.  The old permanent will also remain active
> >  > until the next commit fest.
> >
> >  If they are going to be "permanent" then they should reference a
> >  PostgreSQL project domain rather than a personal domain and a company
> >  one. Without disrespect to either, our emails should not rely on
> >  external domains. That way the project is in control, not the other way
> >  around.
>
> The company domain is from the message id by the looks of it - it
> should not be changed under any circumstances.

Yep, the only way we can get rid of the company is to use an MD5 hash
(which is what I used at first) instead of the message id, but people
didn't like that.

I have updated the permanent URL to be in the postgresql.org domain:
http://momjian.postgresql.org/mhonarc/message-id/45E9ABDB.908@commandprompt.com.html

Of course, momjian.us works too.  (I am redirecting
momjian.postgresql.org to momjian.us because the comments are bound to
the domain name momjian.us.)

http://enterprisedb.com