Re: casting from integer to boolean

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: casting from integer to boolean
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 05:28:18PM -0500, Seb wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:11:47 -0700,
> "Richard Broersma" <richard.broersma@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > INSERT INTO my_table (var_bool) VALUES ( CAST( 0 AS BOOLEAN )); or
> > INSERT INTO my_table (var_bool) VALUES (0::BOOLEAN);
>

> Thanks Richard.  Is there a way to do it without changing the INSERT
> command?  As I mentioned, there are many more columns of different
> types, so finding and replacing the VALUES would be very difficult.

You could turn the problem around and make the bool columns into ints
(which should be a simple search-and-replace, I hope) and then write
something (again hopefully simple) to turn them all back into bools.
I.e. lots of:

  ALTER TABLE my_table ALTER var_bool TYPE bool USING var_bool::bool;

Either that or modify mdbtools.  I've just had a look at its source and
gave up trying to understand it rather quickly.

  Sam

Сообщение: Re: casting from integer to boolean
Сообщение: Re: casting from integer to boolean