Re: connection problem with postgresql driver 8.03.0100 to postgresql 8.3.0

От Sebastian Reitenbach
Тема Re: connection problem with postgresql driver 8.03.0100 to postgresql 8.3.0
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,

Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> > I want to upgrade my postgresql database from version 8.1.x to 8.3.x.
> > everything is working fine, but the odbc connect.
> > I compiled postgres odbc driver version 8.03.0100, but when I try to
> > connect to a 8.3.0 postgres database, then there
connection/authentication
> > problems happen:
> >
> > isql FIS MyUser MyPassword -v
> > [28000][unixODBC]Communication error during authentication;
>
> That sounds identical to what I have reported here:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/2008-02/msg00003.php
>
> There is no solution yet.

thanks for your answer, then now I know at least, I am not alone...
I'd file a bug report then, where is the best place, postgresql bugzilla
somewhere?

Nevertheless, does anybody knows whether I'll loose functionality when I use
an older psql odbc driver? At least for now, I could live with the
situation, when I unable to use new functions of 8.3 postgres.
kind regards
Sebastian

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: connection problem with postgresql driver 8.03.0100 to postgresql 8.3.0
От: "Richard Broersma"
Сообщение: Re: connection problem with postgresql driver 8.03.0100 to postgresql 8.3.0