Re: Full Text Search examples patch

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Full Text Search examples patch
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Erik wrote:
> > Hmm, wouldn't it be easier to provide the pgweb table?
>
> Maybe - I don't know what that pgweb data would be.
>
> There are really two issues:
>
>   1. Apply changes I suggested (and attached earlier) to
> the documentation text to make code examples use a
> single table instead of two different ones.  I chose
> apod because I knew apod from tsearch2.  In the patch
> there are also some confusing inconsistencies removed,
> for instance column  'textsearch_indexable_col' is in a
> later code example used as column 'textsearch'.
>
>   2. Whether or not to include some actual table data (be
> it apod or pgweb). This is less important as far as I am
> concerned.
>
>  The first is more useful and easier to apply than the
> second.

Agreed.  The data file you sent was 1.5MB of data uncompressed.  That
isn't going in the docs.

I looked at adding just the schema you had:

    CREATE TABLE apod (
        title text,
        body text,
        sdate date,
        keywords text,
        id integer
    );

but later saw that there were 'apod' references later in the docs that
mentioned columns that weren't in the CREATE TABLE, e.g., 'vector':

    SELECT * FROM ts_stat('SELECT vector FROM apod')
    ORDER BY nentry DESC, ndoc DESC, word
    LIMIT 10;

Please send a patch that adds the CREATE TABLE in a consistent manner
and we will consider just that addition.  Here is where I suggest you
add the CREATE TABLE in the patch:

    <programlisting>
    CREATE TABLE apod (
        title      text,
        body       text,
        sdate      date,
        keywords   text,
        id         integer);

    -- insert some data

    SELECT title, ts_rank_cd(textsearch, query) AS rank
    FROM apod, to_tsquery('neutrino|(dark & matter)') query
    WHERE query @@ textsearch
    ORDER BY rank DESC LIMIT 10;

I am fine with you updating the later examples to be more consistent
too.