Re: advancing snapshot's xmin

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: advancing snapshot's xmin
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Le mercredi 26 mars 2008, Tom Lane a écrit :
> whenever the number of active snapshots goes to zero

Does this ever happen?
I mean, if the way to avoid locking contention is to rely on a production
system which let the service "breathe" from time to time, maybe there's
something wrong in the reasoning.

Of course I'm much more ready to accept I don't understand the first bit of it
all than to consider you're off-tracks here, but...
--
dim

If you ask a stupid question, you may feel stupid. If you don’t ask a stupid
question, you remain stupid.   -- Tony Rothman, Ph.D.U. Chicago, Physics