Script binaries renaming

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Script binaries renaming
Дата
Re: Script binaries renaming  (Zdene(k Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Where are we on this?  Tom thinks we don't want this.  TODO has:
     * Prefix command-line utilities like createuser with 'pg_'
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-06/msg00025.php

See for reference:
http://momjian.us/mhonarc/patches/468BB6FB.8050102@sun.com.html

One idea is to keep the existing commands and just add pg_* (or pg*) to
additional versions, with the idea that the original versions will be
removed some day.

Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> I attach complete patch which renames following binaries
>
> createdb createlang createuser dropdb droplang dropuser clusterdb
> vacuumdb reindexdb

> pg_createdb pg_createlang pg_createuser pg_dropdb pg_droplang
> pg_dropuser pg_clusterdb pg_vacuumdb pg_reindexdb
>
> Symlinks (or copy on win32) are created for backward compatibility.
>
> This renaming was discussed there:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-06/msg00145.php
>
> I create also separate unified patch for documentation.
>
>     Zdenek

[ application/x-gzip is not supported, skipping... ]

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com