Re: HP-UX 11.11 PostgreSQL 8.3.1 - psql core dumps - Unresolved symbol: tgetent

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: HP-UX 11.11 PostgreSQL 8.3.1 - psql core dumps - Unresolved symbol: tgetent
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 04:54:59PM +0200, Mihai Criveti wrote:
> I've compiled PostgreSQL 8.3.1 using gcc 4.2.3 on HP-UX 11i v1, and all went
> well. PostgreSQL works and everything, except for psql client:
>
> $ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql
> Welcome to psql 8.3.1, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.
>
> Type:  \copyright for distribution terms
>        \h for help with SQL commands
>        \? for help with psql commands
>        \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
>        \q to quit
>
> /usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: tgetent (code)  from
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.sl

tgetent is from curses/ncurses. When readline is built it either takes
a system version or a builtin one. Evidently it thinks there ought to
be a system version somewhere. In any case it looks like your readline
library uses curses but doesn't actually link to it, which is bad.

You can probably work around it by adding -lcurses to the psql link
line, but fixing readline would be better.

Have a nice day,