Re: [pgsql-www] New email list for emergency communications

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] New email list for emergency communications
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:

[ Discussion about making infrastructure downtime more visible to people.]

> > Right now, when email is down, I just start IM'ing people.  A more
> > structured system would help me.
>
> Some people would say a more structured approach to patch/bug tracking
> would help them (but maybe not help you) ;-)

[ Email moved to hackers.]

This is an interesting observation that deserves to be discussed
separately, and relates to the patch queue.  Many people want to know
what is happening with the patch queue but having better reporting
doesn't seem to help much the people who are actually processing the
queue, and requires more work.

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com