Re: postgresql.org mail infrastructure

От Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Тема Re: postgresql.org mail infrastructure
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 10:48:27 -0700 Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 14:39:34 -0300
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
> > +1 to the project -- assuming that it means a change of infrastructure
> > and not necessarily of tools.  I, for one, would oppose changing Mj2
> > for Mailman, for instance.  (However, whether we use Sendmail or
> > Postfix or something else entirely I don't care ...)
>
> Actually this is a good point. We really should define requirements as
> part of this, let's not just do it wholesale.

I'm first for checking, if we find an agreement about either creating a
new mail infrastructure, stabilizing the current situation or (which i
would find pity) doing nothing at all.

The next step, if any, would be to find out, if we need a new domain.
Because in case of a new domain we have a lot more problems to solve
than just the question which software to use.

>  * Environment must be managed by the community

I would say, this question is implicated. If we vote for a new mail
infrastructure, this surely not means to give away this infrastructure
into the hands of another company, or? Or?

>  * Attempt to have admins in each of the following timezones
>    EST
>    PST
>    CET

That's a job for the sysadmin team, not to discuss here. If we need
more helping hands in this team, this can be discussed and solved in
another thread.

>  * FreeBSD is OS?

Same thing -> sysadmin team.

So let's stay on topic. If we have a decision we can create other
mail threads and discuss the details.

Thank you & kind regards

--             Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group