Re: --enable-thread-safety bug

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: --enable-thread-safety bug
Дата
Re: --enable-thread-safety bug
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 11:28:24AM -0400, Steve Clark wrote:
> Retry - the malloc - maybe there is a memory leak when
> --enable-thread-saftey is enabled,
> send an out of memory message to the postgres log, abort the
> transaction - I don't know I am
> not a postgres developer so I don't know all the issues. I all I know
> as a user having a program
> like postgres just sig 11 is unacceptable! As a commercial developer
> of software for over 30 years
> I would never just do nothing.

Note this is your in application, not the server. Only your program
died. Ofcourse the transaction got aborted, since the client (you)
disconnected. There is no way for this to write to the server log,
since it may be one another machine...

As to the issue at hand: it looks like your program ran out of memory.
Can you confirm the memory was running low? Even if it handled it by
returning NULL, the caller will die because it also needs memory.

Do you create and destroy a lot of threads since it seems this memory
won't be freed?

Have a nice day,

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: --enable-thread-safety bug
Сообщение: Re: --enable-thread-safety bug