Re: Maximum statistics target

От Kenneth Marshall
Тема Re: Maximum statistics target
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 11:17:10AM -0500, Decibel! wrote:
> On Mar 10, 2008, at 1:26 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
> At some point I think it makes a lot more sense to just have VACUUM gather
> stats as it goes, rather than have ANALYZE generate a bunch of random IO.
>
> BTW, when it comes to the case of the OP, perhaps we can build enough
> intelligence for the system to understand when the stats follow some type
> of pattern (ie: a geometric distribution), and store the stats differently.
> --
> Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org
> Give your computer some brain candy! www.distributed.net Team #1828

+1 for opportunistically gathering stats during other I/O such as
vacuums and sequential scans. It would be interesting to have a hook
to allow processes to attach to the dataflow from other queries.

Cheers,
Ken

От: Kenneth Marshall
Сообщение: Re: Unique Constraints using Non-Unique Indexes
От: Decibel!
Сообщение: Re: Lazy constraints / defaults