Re: Commit fest?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Commit fest?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
bruce wrote:
> Greg Smith wrote:
> > On Fri, 14 Mar 2008, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >
> > > http://momjian.us/mhonarc/patches/msg00155.html
> > > This patch is actually one I think I could review but I see nothing
> > > that allows a comment or login to allow comment or anything. :(
> >
> > To be specific, click on the "Thread Index" button at the top of that page
> > and you'll be taken to the view you leave comments on.
> >
> > My biggest peeve with the software is that when I get e-mailed that
> > someone has replied to a comment I made, the URLs in the e-mail haven't
> > ever worked.  I have to go sort through the messages manually to figure
> > out what the reply was referring to.
>
> Yea, that is a big problem because the URLs are dynamic.  I have the
> comments based on message id but there is no way to hook that to a URL.

I have modified the code so each email message now shows a _permanent_
URL at the top, e.g.
 Permanent URL: http://momjian.us/mhonarc/patches/44DA31B1.3090700.enterprisedb.com.html

so it can be referenced in emails and the thread links on the page still
work fine.

It does take a little longer to generate the thread index after an mbox
change but I think this feature is worth it.

I can do the same for the comments so email notifications you get link
to the right email but now that we already have comments in the system
it is too late to change them now.  Also, if I do that, comments for
emails moved from the hold queue to the main queue would disappear, so I
am not sure that is a great idea.

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com