Re: BUG #4025: wsock32.dll not found

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: BUG #4025: wsock32.dll not found
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

> Bug reference:      4025
> Logged by:          James
> Email address:      jzhou@practicepartner.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.0.1
> Operating system:   winXP
> Details:
>
> when installation reach initdb stage, it shows can not init the database , '
> WSOCK32.DLL' not found, reinstall the application might fix the problem. '

This is a windows error, and not a postgresql one. We just ask for it, even the error message is from windows.

If wsock32 can't be loaded, you have a big problem on your system. It could be many thingt - permissions, antivirus,
firewall,etc.

You will have tol investigate that at the OS level, and contact your support there if you can't find it yourself.

/Magnus