Re: Email not searchable in our archives

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Email not searchable in our archives
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Tom Lane wrote:

> > Well, I'm not sure the problem is the delivery either, because the
> > "From " line here occured in an attachment, not the email body itself.
> > I think this is more a bug in Mhonarc's message separation, which is way
> > too primitive.
>
> Whether it's an attachment or not is irrelevant --- the standards for
> this don't even know that there is such a thing as an attachment.

Oh, RFC2822 clearly does -- it refers to RFC2045 through 20499, which
define MIME.  In any case, that "From " line is not defined by RFC822
either, it is purely an implementation matter.  As such, Mhonarc would
stand better if it followed the MIME standard which says that the
message should be split at the terminators defined in the header.  Only
if no such terminators are defined the "From " line should be used.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Email not searchable in our archives
Сообщение: Re: Email not searchable in our archives