Re: timestamp datatype cleanup

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: timestamp datatype cleanup
Дата
Re: timestamp datatype cleanup  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> >> As long as both implementations are kept in sync I don't see a reason.
>
> Sharing the backend data type converters with client stuff is an obvious
> win, but its a tedious process probably lacking any motivation.  We did
> look at it though, it is possible.

I thought we were just talking about some definitions. If we were to
move the whole logic into one place we might be facing a
performance penalty inside the backend, maybe not a large one though.
Others around here are better suited to judge this.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Go VfL Borussia! Go SF 49ers! Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!