Re: Contributor listing policy

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Contributor listing policy
Дата
Re: Contributor listing policy
Список pgsql-www

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 15:14:08 -0800
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> *speaking* of being open about policies, I'm requesting comments on
> the Core Team's draft contributor listing policy:
> http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/ContributorListings
>
> Here's what's changing from current practice:
> 1) period for dropping people who have not been around is set to 2
> years. No explicit period was set before.
>
> 2) non-code contributors now get listed in the "Contributors"
> section, but are not eligible for the "Major Developers" section.

There is no major developer section. There are:

Core
Major Contributors
Contributors

This particular change was discussed and debated publicly and the patch
submitted by me and approved, months ago. It is also why the
contributor list is not under developers anymore. It's under community.

> This is a compromise between previous practice (not listing non-code
> contributors at all) and what some people would like to see ("Major
> Contributors" with non-code contributors); I figure we'll revisit
> this policy in a year or so.

The idea that a line of code is more important than the organization of
an army (users) is incorrect. Without one the other is pointless.

> 3) this will require a member of the WWW team to add "year
> contributed" and "comments" non-displaying fields to the web tool we
> manage the contributor listings with.  How long would that take to
> add?

Not long. I could do it fairly easily.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake