Re: Commitfest status

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Commitfest status
Дата
Re: Commitfest status  ("Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Bruce, you are putting too much of the work on your own shoulders and
> >> bottlenecking the whole process.  Just dump stuff into the queue, don't
> >> trim and for heavens sake stop fixing "simple" things as you go.  Once
> >> the queue is there we can spread around the work of processing the
> >> items.
>
> > OK, you asked for it.  All emails have been moved from pgpatches_hold to
> > pgpatches.  There are 19 pages.  Let the pain begin!
> >     http://momjian.us/cgi-bin/pgpatches
>
> OK, so now we need to actually divvy up the work somehow.  Anyone want
> to take any particular pieces of this?  I think the first step is triage
> --- which items actually need review now, which are dead or should
> become TODO entries, and which are trivial enough to just deal with
> without review.  (Bruce, I guess you already did that on a portion
> of this list, but which portion?)

Page 1-9 but lots I couldn't decide if they were TODO.  I am now adding
comments to lots of entries so people know what I need to know about it.

> Since there are 19 pages and probably less than 19 interested hackers,
> maybe we could just each take a page of the list as it stands and go
> through it at that level?  Although many of the threads cross pages, so
> that's not ideal.  Any other ideas?

The problem is that as they are deleted, they will move.  Perhaps I can
just comment on them to close them and not delete anything.

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com