Re: FAQ on Embedding Postgres

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: FAQ on Embedding Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 01:25:35 -0500
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> I've got nothing against SQLite.  But I am unhappy with the idea of us
> recommending *any* particular bit of software that is not under our
> control, especially in a document that is as widespread and hard to
> update as our FAQ.  There are any number of scenarios where we might
> want to take back such an endorsement, but once made it'll be out
> there somewhere on the Web until cockroaches rule the earth.  There
> is also the whole class of arguments about "why'd you recommend X and
> not Y?" that we'd surely get sucked into.  Better not to go there in
> the first place.

I have to agree. As much as I actually like SQLite the reality is the
only thing we can remotely guarantee is the quality of our own software
and as Tom says, "cockroaches". I still find articles that I wrote 5
years ago that are not even remotely relevant any longer but I get
emails about them.

We need to focus the language on and about postgresql and postgresql
only.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: FAQ on Embedding Postgres
Сообщение: Re: FAQ on Embedding Postgres