Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #3965: UNIQUE constraint fails on long column values

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #3965: UNIQUE constraint fails on long column values
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Phil Frost wrote:
> On Mar 5, 2008, at 11:20 , Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

> > Does anyone think it is a good idea to document that our indexes
> > cannot
> > index arbirarily-long strings?  I see nothing in the documentation now
> > about it.
>
> +1
>
> I never even knew. I'd be especially interested to hear about
> details, like how long strings can be until they are not guaranteed
> unique.

Part of the problem is we don't know the length --- it is the compressed
length that is limited, I think to 8k.

От: Phil Frost
Сообщение: Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #3965: UNIQUE constraint fails on long column values
Сообщение: Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #3965: UNIQUE constraint fails on long column values