Re: postgresql performance

От: Steinar H. Gunderson
Тема: Re: postgresql performance
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

postgresql performance  (SPMLINGAM, )
 Re: postgresql performance  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
  Re: postgresql performance  (Franck Routier, )
   Re: postgresql performance  ("Claus Guttesen", )
  Re: postgresql performance  ("Kevin Grittner", )
 Re: postgresql performance  ("Dave Dutcher", )
  Re: postgresql performance  (Bill Moran, )

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 02:27:08AM -0800, SPMLINGAM wrote:
>      I have a table with 50 lakhs records, the table has more then 10
> fields, i have primary key, i have select query with count(*) without any
> condition, it takes 17 seconds.

Without knowing what a "lakhs" record is, it's pretty obvious that you
haven't vacuumed in a very long time. Run VACUUM FULL on your tables, then
instate regular (non-FULL) VACUUMs or enable autovacuum.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/