Re: Usenet Gateway down.... for two weeks

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Usenet Gateway down.... for two weeks
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:39:39 -0400 "Marc G. Fournier"
> <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
>
> > Looking into it ... odd thing is we used to have a mirror news
> > gateway out of France, which should have gave us the redundancy that
> > even if the primary were having gateway issues, the secondary would
> > have still been feeding articles ... will look into both sides ...
>
> Is there any kind of test we could put in place to make sure this
> doesn't happen again?

Agreed.  Expecting to know about breakage just because someone complains
is no way to run a service.

> I mean I can't remember a single day in the last
> 5 years that hackers didn't get at least one message.

Well, in all likelyhood that would be a pretty unremarkable day, so if
it existed it wouldn't be a surprise that you wouldn't remember it.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Usenet Gateway down.... for two weeks
Сообщение: Re: Usenet Gateway down.... for two weeks