Re: dynamic crosstab

От Balázs Klein
Тема Re: dynamic crosstab
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yes, once I have the select outputting it to CSV is not a problem. As you say PG handles that nicely.

Thx
SWK

-----Original Message-----
From: Reece Hart [mailto:reece@harts.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 9:39 PM
To: Tino Wildenhain
Cc: SunWuKung; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] dynamic crosstab

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 14:04 +0100, Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> Well after all you want a CSV not a table. You could shortcut this
> with a generic query which creates array out of your "columns"
> and join them to a CSV line. This would just be outputted as
> one single column from database.

Depending on your use case, this may be a better way:

In psql:
        => \copy (select col1,col2,col3 from data) TO data.csv CSV HEADER

or on the command line:
        $ psql -c '\copy (select col1,col2,col3 from data) TO data.csv CSV HEADER'

Strictly speaking, the CSV formatting isn't being done in the database
but rather by psql.

-Reece

--
Reece Hart, http://harts.net/reece/, GPG:0x25EC91A0