Re: backup tableoids (pg_class.oid) ?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: backup tableoids (pg_class.oid) ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
fkater@googlemail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my db structure relays on the OIDs of tables (stored as OIDs of
> pg_class).

Probably it would be a better idea to store that as type regclass
instead of OIDs.  I think that will take care of the dump part of the
problem, at least.  It's likely that there will be an additional hurdle
when trying to restore, because the referenced table would not have been
created in the first place.

That said, IMHO the idea of storing metadata as part of data is a bad
idea.