Re: Truncate Triggers

От Decibel!
Тема Re: Truncate Triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 11:40:19AM +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> (for 8.4 ...)
> I'd like to introduce triggers that fire when we issue a truncate:

Rather than focusing exclusively on TRUNCATE, how about "triggers" that
fire whenever any kind of DDL operation is performed? (Ok, truncate is
more DML than DDL, but still).

The reason I put triggers in quotes is because I'm not suggesting that
we actually put triggers on the catalog tables, since we all know that's
hard/impossible. Instead this would have to tie into command processing,
similar to what you're proposing for truncate.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org