regex_replace problem

От Gary Stainburn
Тема regex_replace problem
Дата
Re: regex_replace problem  (Frank Bax <fbax@sympatico.ca>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hi folks.

I've got a problem with regex_replace.  As you can see below psql displays the
error saying the function does not exist.  Can anyone see why, and what I
need todo to fix it.

Cheers

goole=# select distinct ud_rfl from used_diary where ud_rfl ~ ' *= *'; ud_rfl
-----------12 = 1wk12=1WK12m = 1wk6=1WK
(4 rows)

goole=# select distinct regex_replace(ud_rfl,' *= *','+') from used_diary
where ud_rfl ~ ' *= *';
ERROR:  function regex_replace(character varying, "unknown", "unknown") does
not exist
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may need to
add explicit type casts.
goole=# select distinct replace(ud_rfl,'=','+') from used_diary where ud_rfl
~ ' *= *'; replace
-----------12 + 1wk12+1WK12m + 1wk6+1WK
(4 rows)
[root@stan ~]# rpm -qa|grep postgresql