Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 05:10:51PM +0100, Stefan Schwarzer wrote:
> Oh, stupid me! Gush, I'll never learn it...
>
> But nevertheless:
>
> When I start the postmaster it seems ok. But there is no process
> running. When I try to stop it it says:
>
> pg_ctl: PID file "/usr/local/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid" does not exist
> Is postmaster running?

If it fails to start it must log somehwere.

If you run the postmaster directly from the console it'll get you into
singleuser mode, try that.

(PS. Have you tried pgfsck on the new machine. With the same byte-order
it should work much betteR).

Have a nice day,
> Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
>  -- John F Kennedy

Вложения