Re: ECPG problem with 8.3

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: ECPG problem with 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 03:01:04PM +0000, Peter Wilson wrote:
> that fixes that problem. My build now gets further, but I get an error
> and a seg-fault later in the build.

Whow, you're really stress testing it. Thanks a lot! This is what we
need.

> Apart from the seg-fault, is there any particular reason I can't use a

The segfault is fixed in CVS. Reason was that on finding the variable it
set an error message but not the normal return value and then tried to
proceed anyway.

> variable in the FETCH anymore? It's always worked in the past and would
> seem to be an important capability.

Yes. ECPG move to the latest backend protocol version to be able to
prepare statements correctly. However, with this protocol my own
addition to the standard, namely a variable as fetch count, is not
supported anymore. But there is a simple workaround. Just sprintf the
statement to a string and thereby replace the count variable with its
content and then EXEC SQL EXECUTE the string variable should do the job.

Hope this helps.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Go VfL Borussia! Go SF 49ers! Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!