Prepared Statements

От mljv@planwerk6.de
Тема Prepared Statements
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

i am trying to understand "Prepared Statements". I am asking because i want to
understand the impact of "Prepared statements" to my application.

Actually i use Hibernate, DBCP Connection Pool with Postgresql-JDBC Driver and
Postgresql 8.1.

- I know there is a PREPARE Statement in Postgresql and read the docs.
- in PostgresqlJDBC i have a prepareThreshold parameter which i left to
default of 5.
- in DBCP i have a property "poolPreparedStatements", set to true. Does ist
just configure prepareThreshold of JDBC or does it maintain a statementPool
of it's own?

In my Log files of postgresql each query is called like this:

    EXECUTE <unnamed> [PREPARE: select ...]

I have not found anything about preparing "unnamed" statements. What does it
mean?

many questions, but i was googling a lot and "Prepared Statement" is a
somewhat ambiguous expression, isn't it? Can someone clarify this to me,
please?

kind regards,
Janning

Сообщение: Re: count(*) and bad design was: Experiences with extensibility
Сообщение: Re: count(*) and bad design was: Experiences with extensibility