Re: Experiences with extensibility

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Experiences with extensibility
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday 08 January 2008 21:31, Gregory Stark wrote:
> >> 2.      What types of extensibility (possibly already available in
> >> other DBMSs) are currently missing in PostgreSQL?
> >
> > None that I am aware of.
>
> I'm sure there are some options available in some databases which Postgres
> doesn't have. Usually Postgres has more choices than any of the others but
> that doesn't mean that it includes the union of all of their feature sets.

I guess one could include synonyms and packages as possible items we don't
have which would make us more extensible, but the uses for those tools that
can't be covered with the tools available in postgres is pretty narrow.

--
Robert Treat

Сообщение: Re: Experiences with extensibility
Сообщение: Re: Experiences with extensibility