Re: File system level backup from 32bit to 64bit

От Thomas Pundt
Тема Re: File system level backup from 32bit to 64bit
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On Montag, 7. Januar 2008, mljv@planwerk6.de wrote:
| i wanted to move my database from a 32bit machine to 64bit machine with
| rsync like it is explained here
[...]
| i guess that rsyncing all database files from 32bit to 64bit does not work.

Yes, you are right; 32bit and 64bit formats are incompatible.

| if so:
| 1. the error message is misleading.
| 2. It is not obvious for me that you can't copy from 32bit to 64bit. Maybe
| it should be mentioned in the docs.

Yes; except for a user comment at

  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/install-upgrading.html

I can't easily seem to find a reference either. It is a FAQ though.

Ciao,
Thomas

--
Thomas Pundt <thomas.pundt@rp-online.de> ---- http://rp-online.de/ ----