Re: Server doesn't seem to be listening...

От Eric D Nielsen
Тема Re: Server doesn't seem to be listening...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Quoting Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:

> "Eric D. Nielsen" <nielsene@mit.edu> writes:
>> I've confirmed from the commandline using
>> "psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
>
> That's not a Postgres problem.  You do not have network-level
> connectivity --- I'm betting you forgot to enable TCP access
> to that VM, or something along that line.  Think firewall
> configuration, not Postgres.

I had already checked the firewall issues before posting.  What I
hadn't checked
was netstat, which showed that after the resize it was binding so that only
"localhost" could connect and not the domain name.  This is actually
better for
me.

Thank you for sending me back to the right place to look.

Eric