Re: Mandatory AS keyword in SELECT statements

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Mandatory AS keyword in SELECT statements
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 09:31:41AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Unfortunately, this is on our TODO list as something we are not planning
> to do:
>
>     * Allow AS in "SELECT col AS label" to be optional (not wanted)
>
>       Because we support postfix operators, it isn't possible to make AS
>       optional and continue to use bison.

For reference, the problematic examples are:

SELECT a + b;   -- Is this (a +) aliased to "b", or (a+b) with no alias
SELECT 'foo'::character varying -- Is "varying" an alias or part of the type name?

See this thread:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2003-04/msg00436.php

Have a nice day,
> Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
>  -- John F Kennedy

Вложения