Re: Feature request: NOTIFY enhancement

От Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Тема Re: Feature request: NOTIFY enhancement
Дата
Re: Feature request: NOTIFY enhancement  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 11:21:37 -0500 (EST) Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > I am not sure if I am asking too much but does it make sense, and is it
> > possible, to enhance NOTIFY that process "name/value" pair? Like this:
> >
> > NOTIFY "MyName=MyValue";
> >
> > With the capability of name/value pair, the listener will not have to
> > check notification details by reading tables.
>
> TODO already has:
>
>     * Add optional textual message to NOTIFY
>
>       This would allow an informational message to be added to the notify
>       message, perhaps indicating the row modified or other custom
>       information.

It is possible, that some notifies, if following in a very short time
frame, can get lost.

In case we want to send extra text messages with NOTIFY, we should make
sure, that no notify get lost.

Kind regards

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

От: Sebastián Baioni
Сообщение: Re: Can't make backup
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Feature request: NOTIFY enhancement