Re: pg_dump and languages

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump and languages
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net> writes:
> Sorry should have been more explicit. The dump loaded functions depending on
> plsh before the function that created the language. In fact it did not
> instalI the language at all.

Ah.  Looking back at your first message, I see you'd installed plsh into
the pg_catalog schema rather than a user schema.  pg_dump specifically
doesn't dump anything that appears in pg_catalog; it assumes all of that
stuff is supplied by the system.  So the above is expected behavior.

I haven't looked at plsh, but if it installs stuff directly into
pg_catalog, I'd call that a mistake.  At least it shouldn't be the
default behavior.

(Note for pedantry's sake: a language doesn't really belong to any
particular schema; but its support functions do, and pg_dump treats
the language as belonging to the same schema as the support functions.)