Re: BUG #3845: tray icon that service is running

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: BUG #3845: tray icon that service is running
Дата
Re: BUG #3845: tray icon that service is running  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: BUG #3845: tray icon that service is running  (bozhan@mail.bg)
Список pgsql-bugs
"Usama Dar" <munir.usama@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 30, 2007 3:51 AM, Bozhan <bozhan@mail.bg> wrote:
>

> > The following bug has been logged online:
> >
> > Bug reference:      3845
> > Logged by:          Bozhan
> > Email address:      bozhan@mail.bg
> > PostgreSQL version: 8.3-beta4
> > Operating system:   WinfowsXP
> > Details:
> >
> > postgres needs icon in tray to show that service is running. to
> > stop/start/restart postgres maybe.
> > MSSQL and MySQL have such tray application.
> > thanks
>
> Huh?

In the Windows world, the GUI is inseperable from the OS.

Now, on a server, I can't imagine the point.  I mean, do you sit, logged in
to your server, watching the tray to see if PG is running or not?

I can, however, see it being a nice addition for someone who's running PG
on their desktop as part of a development environment.

In any case, I doubt it deserves to be part of PostgreSQL proper.  If
someone is interested, probably a pgfoundry project would make sense.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran@collaborativefusion.com
Phone: 412-422-3463x4023

Сообщение: Re: BUG #3845: tray icon that service is running
Сообщение: Re: BUG #3845: tray icon that service is running