Re: With 4 disks should I go for RAID 5 or RAID 10

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: With 4 disks should I go for RAID 5 or RAID 10
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

> david@lang.hm wrote:

> >> Dave had too much egg nog... :-)
> >> Yep - checking consistency on read would eliminate the performance
> >> benefits of RAID under any redundant configuration.
> > except for raid0, raid is primarily a reliability benifit, any
> > performance benifit is incidental, not the primary purpose.
> > that said, I have heard of raid1 setups where it only reads off of one
> > of the drives, but I have not heard of higher raid levels doing so.
> What do you mean "heard of"? Which raid system do you know of that reads
> all drives for RAID 1?

I'm fairly sure that FreeBSD's GEOM does.  Of course, it couldn't be doing
consistency checking at that point.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran@collaborativefusion.com
Phone: 412-422-3463x4023

От: Mark Mielke
Сообщение: Re: With 4 disks should I go for RAID 5 or RAID 10
Сообщение: Re: With 4 disks should I go for RAID 5 or RAID 10