Re: Concatenation through SQL

От Leif B. Kristensen
Тема Re: Concatenation through SQL
Дата
Re: Concatenation through SQL
Список pgsql-sql
On Friday 21. December 2007, Philippe Lang wrote:

>(SELECT CONCAT(name, ', ') FROM employees AS e where e.appointment_id
> = appointments.id) AS employees
>FROM appointments
>------------------------------
>
>... where CONCAT suggest we want to concatenate the variable inside,
>with the separator ', ' inbetween.

I've got a similar problem. My persons table has a number of fields for
different name parts: given, patronym, toponym, surname, occupation,
epithet. I've written a Plpgsql function that concatenates the full
name, but it's big and ugly. I'd like something more elegant, like the
Python or PHP join() function. I tried Andreas' suggestion like this:

pgslekt=> select array_to_string(array(select given, patronym, toponym
from persons where person_id=57), ' ');
ERROR:  subquery must return only one column

Is there any way to accomplish this from Plpgsql?
http://solumslekt.org/ | Cruising with Gentoo/KDE
My Jazz Jukebox: http://www.last.fm/user/leifbk/

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Concatenation through SQL
Сообщение: Re: Concatenation through SQL