Re: bug found in 8.3 beta 3.

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: bug found in 8.3 beta 3.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

Le Monday 17 December 2007 19:05:36 chris wood, vous avez =E9crit=A0:
> Hi, I found this bug? In beta 3.  I am not a Linux guru so installing any
> betas in Debian is very painful for me.  Perhaps you could check to see if
> it is still there in beta 4??

The experimental sources of debian already provides postgresql-8.3 beta4, s=
o=20
installing it is as easy as adding experimental to your testing server=20
sources.list, or if you want to take no risk of upgrading other experimenta=
l=20
packages, adding the deb-src experimental source and backporting:
 apt-get update
 apt-get build-dep postgresql-common postgresql-client-common postgresql-8.3
 apt-get source -b postgresql-common postgresql-client-common postgresql-8.3
 dpkg -i ...

 http://packages.debian.org/postgresql-8.3

Install at least the -common packages, libpq and the wanted components.
Those -common packages contain the infamous debian wrappers which makes deb=
ian=20
differs from other PostgreSQL installations, but allows to easily use sever=
al=20
version at a time, including binary choice without messing with PATH manual=
ly=20
(adding --cluster 8.3/main to "official" options --- version/clustername).

Please note that 8.3b2 to 8.3b4 needs an initdb, and the debian packaging h=
as=20
no support for beta to beta upgrading. You'll certainly want to do it=20
manually:
 pg_dumpall > backup.file
 apt-get remove postgresql-8.3
 rm -rf $PGDATA/* (defaults to /var/lib/postgresql/8.3/main)
 <install new version, either apt-get install or dpkg -i>
 psql -f backup.file

Hope this helps,
--=20
dim