Re: top posting

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: top posting
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> Geoffrey wrote:
> > Collin Kidder wrote:
> >
> >> I have to suffer through dealing with people like the two of you
> >> quoted above. You can deal with people who'd like to top post.
> >> Anything else is just being a spoiled baby who can't deal with minor
> >> issues. If all the energy spent crying about top posting were used to
> >> fuel cities none of us would be paying for power right now. Sorry to
> >> be so blunt but it really irritates me when people cry like 4 year
> >> olds about top posting. It's not that bad, get over it.
> >
> > If it's not brought to the attention of the masses, then it will
> > simply grow, and it simply is not the way it's done on this list.  Get
> > use to it.  Now who's doing the 4 year old crying??
> >
> Yes, I'm bitching, crying, or whatever you'd like to call it. But you
> notice, I'm still attempting to follow the proper posting etiquette for
> this list. However, I do not see any actual valid reason that top
> posting cannot ever be acceptable except that some people are way too
> stuck in a mental rut and refuse to allow for anything other than their
> way.

This is called "Trolling"

Whether or not you are doing it on purpose is irrelevant.  The effect is
still the same, even if you do it accidentally.

The point has been brought up again and again and again: "top posting
makes it difficult for the veterans on this list to understand and
respond to your email.  As a result, in order to get the best possible
response, DO NOT TOP POST."

Somehow, you continue to bring this back around to how we hate top-posting
and despise top-posters and whatever else it is you're saying.  I'm not
aware of _anyone_ ever being banned or anything horrible as a result of
top-posting.  The worst thing that happens is that busy people begin
ignoring the thread, and this is what me (and others) who say "please don't
top-post" are trying to avoid.

If you want to turn it into some personal war or something, please don't
do it on the list.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com