Re: Release Note Changes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Release Note Changes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> > On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >> That is an excellent suggestion, done:
> >>
> >> Full text search is integrated into the core database
> >> system (Teodor, Oleg, Stefan Kaltenbrunner)
>
> > Wait, I think we need more words about original authors !
>
> I agree, that is an *utterly* horrid change, as it makes it look like
> Stefan's contribution was of the same order of magnitude as Teodor's
> and Oleg's.  I don't mind giving Stefan an appropriate amount of credit,
> but this is not it --- in fact, I read this as a direct insult to the
> two of them.  They have spent years on tsearch; I doubt he spent more
> than a day.

By trying to make one developer happy I have made two unhappy.
I have remved Stefan Kaltenbrunner's name from that item.

Basically I should have expected this because once we divert from a
clear policy we are going to cause an imbalance.  Unless we change the
policy I am not going to make any adjustments "just to give credit".

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com