Re: BUG #3809: SSL "unsafe" private key permissions bug

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #3809: SSL "unsafe" private key permissions bug
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Gregory Stark wrote:

> So for example if the key directory lay on an FAT filesystem which doesn't
> have unix bit per file the only way to satisfy the check would be to mount the
> filesystem with the option to make every file in the filesystem have those
> bits. Storing your keys on a usb stick (which usually use fat filesystems)
> isn't really such a crazy idea either.

Storing a server SSL key on a USB stick is not crazy?  I don't follow.
What use case do you have for that?

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/CTMLCN8V17R4
"La persona que no quería pecar / estaba obligada a sentarse